TECH THURSDAYS 2016 Annual Conference – Growing Your Business with Technology, will offer two full days and twenty-one (21) free business technology management workshops Thursday, September 22 and Friday September 23, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. at 1900 West Van Buren Street in Chicago.
- Learn how the JOBS Act makes it easier to RAISE CAPITAL ONLINE with investors using a variety of capital raising, startup investing and equity crowdfunding platforms.
- Getting an infusion of capital for your business is always a challenge. We explore how to raise capital from individual donors and which platforms to choose in CROWDFUNDING YOUR FUTURE.
- Learn from traditional and non-traditional lenders how to prepare for and gain ACCESS TOCAPITAL for your business. Lender representatives will be onsite to discuss your business needs with you.
- Have a website or want to enhance your website? In WEBSITE DESIGN & MANAGEMENT, we discuss the benefits of great design and explore various website formats for your business.
- What is AFFILIATE MARKETING? Learn how marketing the products and services sold and fulfilled by other companies, like Amazon, can increase your revenue while reducing your stress.
- What’s your online marketing strategy? In WEBSITE, BLOGS & SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGERY, you’ll learn the importance of quality images, (photos, illustrations, graphics) to keep your audience engaged.
- EFFECTIVE E-MAIL MARKETING explores “how to” improve the results of your e-mail campaigns. Review the best practices of successful campaigns and identify a strategy that works best for you.
- SOCIAL MEDIA & SELLING go hand-in-hand. Learn how to leverage your social media network to improve your company’s visibility and increase the sales of your products and services
- Keep your message from getting lost on mobile. Understand how to entertain a prospect and keep a client engaged using ONLINE SALES SOLUTIONS.
- As we explore payment technologies in TECHNOLOGY BEHIND GETTING PAID, you’ll learn how the right digital solutions can improve timely receipt of customer payments.
- Learn how easy it is for your office or business to become more efficient when it is “virtual or cloud-based” during our workshop on INTRODUCTION TO THE CLOUD.
- Once you are in the cloud, learn how to INTEGRATE CLOUD APPLICATIONS, so all your business information and tools are easily available to you anywhere at any time.
- We have the flexibility to do more online, but cannot overlook the threat of cyber-attack.MANAGING ONLINE SECURITY introduces processes and tools available to secure your business assets and manage your online presence.
- In THE FUTURE OF PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS we discuss where business support technology is headed as business owners require more flexibility, mobility and security in their productivity tools.
- Can you manage your growing business without help? VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS & SUPPORTexplores how online tools support the virtual engagement and management of assistants and support staff.
- Do you have a current business plan or is planning too difficult because it’s so time consuming? BUSINESS PLANNING ONLINE identifies tech apps that simplify building and managing your plan.
- Invoices in one stack, receipts in another, and uncertain about cash flow? BOOKKEEPING ONLINE may help. Learn how managing your books online can streamline your management processes.
- MANAGING ONLINE LEGAL SOLUTIONS provide us with affordable options for legal support but at what risks? This workshop explores the best approaches to acquire and retain legal support for your business.
GSDC Southwest Business Training & Development
Weekly Workshop Series
May 2016 through September 2016
18-Weeks of hand on learning within online applications
that help grow your business.Location: Greater Southwest Development Corporation,
2601 West 63rd Street, Chicago 60629
Time: Thursdays from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Contact: Christine “Tina” James,
Director Commercial and Technology Services,
Tel: 1.773.362.3373 or email@example.com
Workshop participants have access to online resourcess for use before, during and after each weekly session. Bring your wi-fi enabled devices to connect to the Internet or use one of the limited numbers of desktop devices in our workshop laboratory. Space is limited each week…sessions are a la carte. Come to any session or come to all…but don’t come late!
May 26 – Starting Your Business Blog, Making Your Writing Pay, Part 1
June 2 – Starting Your Business Blog, Making Your Writing Pay, Part 2
June 9 – Starting Your Business Blog, Making Your Writing Pay, Part 3
June 16 – Blogging with Images
June 23 – Blogging with Affiliate Marketing
June 30 – Building Leads by Blogging
July 7 – Email Marketing Part 1
July 14 – Email Marketing Part 2
July 21 – Email Marketing Part 3
July 28 – Email Surverys
August 4 – Email Newsletters
August 11 – Event Marketing
August 18 – Social Media Marketing Part 1
August 25 – Social Media Marketing Part 2
September 1 – Social Media Marketing Part 3
September 8 – Social Integration
September 15 – Social Selling
*September 29 – Social Data Management – (Location & Time TBD)