The Buying Plan is a key transparency initiative that the City of Chicago uses to forecast the goods and services that it expects to procure in the next 6 quarters, allowing businesses and the vendor community to prepare for upcoming solicitations.
The Buying Plan continues to grow and serve the local vendor community. New in 2020 – the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) has included their purchasing plans in the 1Q 2020 Buying Plan edition.
Additionally, we have enhanced the Buying Plan by highlighting Small Business Initiative (SBI), Mid-Size Business Initiative (MBI), and Target Market opportunities for quick reference.
In addition to highlighting opportunities for the City of Chicago’s User Departments, the participating government agencies include:
- Chicago Board of Elections
- Chicago Housing Authority (CHA)
- Chicago Park District (CPD)
- Chicago Public Schools (CPS)
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
- Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA)
- Public Building Commission (PBC)
- State of Illinois
- Cook County
- Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Illinois Tollway
2020 Construction Summit
February 19, 2020 | 10 am – 2 pm
Malcolm X College
1900 W. Jackson
Register now at www.chicago.gov/construction
- 10 workshops
- 75+ exhibitors
- Hundreds of opportunities
Pick up a copy at City Hall’s Bid & Bond, Room 103 or visit www.chicago.gov/dps to download a copy.